Steps To Take When Your Business Has Water Damage
No one wants his or her business to sustain water damage. Aside from costing a lot in losses, this can also result in huge repair costs. The trick to minimizing the damage caused by water in your business is to act upon the problem as quickly as possible.
When you find that your business has water damage, you need to mitigate the situation ASAP. Here are some steps you should take when your business has water damage:
- Turn off the water – If the damage is caused by a burst pipe or broken water source on site, the first thing you need to do is find the water main and to turn it off. This will stop the situation from getting worse.
- Turn off power – Turning off your electricity will avoid the danger of electrocution and help prevent fires if wires and other electrical items become submerged in water.
- Document the damage – Take pictures, take videos, and make a list of items that were damaged or destroyed by the deluge. Documenting your loss will help you maximize your insurance claim.
- Contact your insurance provider – Calling your insurance company as soon as you discover water damage at your business is a must. You will need to file a claim for water damage to get the compensation you need for repairs and restoration, and this will help move your claim forward faster.
- Remove as much water as possible – You should try to remove as much water from the area as possible. Although your insurance adjuster needs to see your place of business as it is to enable them to come to an accurate estimation of the damage, leaving standing water around will only cause more damage. Drying the area as much as possible can help save you money in repairs and restoration.
- Contact Performance Plus for help – To ensure that you repair and restore your place of business the right way and without too much stress on your part, contacting a reliable restoration company should be on your list of things to do. In Rochester and Buffalo, NY, the company to contact is Performance Plus.
Get the help you need for commercial restoration for water damage by contacting an expert on remediation and restoration work. Performance Plus is a company that specializes in a variety of restoration and remediation work, both for residential and commercial. We have water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and content restoration in our list of services.
To get the help you need, don’t hesitate to contact us at 585-252-5929 today to schedule your appointment.